- Make 5 goals - 5 things you want to do by the end of the month. Be reasonable with them and keep the list somewhere you’ll remember. Chances are you won’t lose 20 lbs by the end of the month, so skip it as a goal. Instead focus your goals around getting more active and healthy. Everyday try to make one better choice like taking the stairs instead of waiting for the elevator or having an apply for snack even though you’re dying to have the slice of pie. All these little changes will really add up. If you don’t already have an exercise you do regularly…
- Try out a new exercise - Switching up your exercise routine is important, especially if you’re hitting a plateau. Curious about an exercise you’ve been eyeing for awhile? YouTube that shit. Read about it on Google. DO IT. Why not? Try to exercise at least 2-3 days a week this month.
- Eat fruit! - Only the most delicious fruits are in season in June. Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, watermelon, rhubarb, cherries and so much more! Not only is fruit good for you, but in season you can find some great deals on it! Check out your local farmer’s market for freshly grown produce at great prices.
- GET OUTSIDE!! - IT’S JUNE, what could you possibly doing inside?! (besides Tumblr;) ) Swim, hike, bike, walk, skip. Do it all. Play basketball at that old court down the road, ride your bike to work. The sun is shining and there is no better time to get active and have fun.
Follow these tips throughout the month of June and you’d be surprised how easily healthy habits begin to develop.
Countdown to Summer Challenge Week 3 Goals !
1. Ask a friend to workout with you this week!- Invite a friend to ride bikes or try out that yoga class you’ve been eyeing. Working out with a partner means being held accountable for showing up and a little friendly competition never hurt! So next time you’re thinking of going for a jog, think of who might like to come along!
2. 30 minutes of cardio, 3-4 days this week - You don’t need any fancy equipment or a gym membership to get in a workout. It’s officially spring which means there’s no better time to get outside and run. Who cares if people see you running? So what if you aren’t fast or in perfect shape? Big deal if you’re pouring sweat and panting. Forget about all of your excuses and just do it.
3. Daily workout 4 days - You can find the daily workout post here. You can do it more than 4 days if you would like and you can also do more than one rep each day!
4. Go soda-free - Yup, you read it right. Try to be soda-free for 7 days! Take it one day at a time and focus on goal 5!
5. Drink 64 oz water every day - This is a goal you should have for everyday, not just this week! Water is extremely important for all body functions and not only will it make you feel better, you also could lose a few pounds in water weight!
6. Record and post your daily intake - This is something you should already be and continue to do. Writing down what you eat helps you keep track of when you slip up and better tackle the problem. Posting it in the Community helps keep you accountable for making good choices!
Countdown to Summer Weightloss Challenge - Week 2 Goals
April 8 - April14
- Jog for 30 minutes, at least 3 days this week
- 4 days of strength workouts (Blogilates calendar or Daily Workouts)
- Eat 1 fruit or vegetable with every meal!
- Calculate your daily calorie needs (Basal Metabolic Rate), track your intake for the week on MyFitnessPal or SuperTracker and post your intake and calories to the Countdown Community.
How to calculate your daily calorie needs (BMR):
Weight in kg (lbs/2.2) x .9 kcal/hr x 24 hrs = Daily calorie needs to sustain normal body functions.
3,500 calories = 1 lb
To lose 1 lb per week, subtract 500 calories per day.
To gain 1 lb per week, add 500 calories per day.
This number is only an estimate and can vary up to 30% per individual. Keep in mind that exercise burns calories and you need to replenish the calories you burn from exercise to meet your BMR prevent your body from going into a negative energy balance. If you have questions on how to calculate your needs, message me :)
Remember to be checking in with everyone in the Community daily! If you’re struggling and need help, that’s what we’re here for and if you’re exercising and eating well, we’d like to hear about it!